Common activities to add to a contact record include: Appointment, Phone Call, Email, Task, and Note.
Helpful hint: If you use consistent subject names for specific types of activities, you will be able to search and query on activities by subject name in the future.
To add any activity, navigate to the 'Communications and Notes' section of the person record:
- Open the person record.
- Scroll down to 'Communications and Notes', or use the navigation bar next to the person record's name to quickly jump to it.
- Under appointments, click on the ellipsis next to Add Task.
- Select the activity you would like to create.
- Complete required information and add appointment details.
- Constituent Role = Lead or Applicant
- Subject = Admissions Interview, Prospective Student Visit, Class Visit
- Select "Save" or "Mark Complete"
- Verify it is being sent to the correct person, and fill in the information for the email (CC, Subject, and the body of the email).
- To send the email, select "Send"
- If you have a Business Template saved, you may also use the "Insert Template" function.
External Relations Users: In order to capture the Email activity on an Account (Company) Record, you must change the Regarding field to the Account.
Add a Task
- Open a person record.
- Navigate to 'Communications and Notes', as shown in the screenshots at the beginning of this article.
- Enter the constituent role, and then select the action which is occurring.
- Enter the subject.
- Enter in any relevant information about the task, such as what the agenda is, when it is due, etc.
- Once the task has been finished, make sure to select "Mark Complete" at the top left of the screen.
- Open a Person Record.
- Select 'Communications and Notes' from the Navigation menu.
- Scroll down to the Notes.
- Click within the text box which states "Enter a note."
- To attach a file to the note, scroll down within the text box and click on the "Attach" button.
- Click 'Done' when you are finished entering information into the note.