This article outlines how to add an application fee waiver to a person record.
Application fee PAYMENTS must be paid by the applicant via CASHNet, UW-Madison's authorized 3rd party payment system.
Application fee WAIVERS are created on the Person Record for the applicant, not on the person's application record. An application fee payment or waiver is valid for one admissions year. After the fee is paid or granted, the applicant can apply to one or more of our graduate programs for the corresponding admissions year. Application fee waivers are granted and approved by WSB admissions program offices only.
1. Select a Person Record for which you would like to add an application fee waiver.
2. Navigate to the Application Fees section of the Prospective Student View Form.
3. Click on the plus sign to the right, the search button, and then the new button.
4. Enter the following information:
Payment Type = Waiver
Date of Transaction = [Today's Date]
Fall App Open Term = [Upcoming Fall Term]
- This will always be the upcoming Fall term.
Fiscal Year = [Current Fiscal Year]
- This will be the fiscal year for the application. It must match the upcoming fall term.
Amount = $0.00
- This dollar amount is displayed to applicant on the 'submit' page of their application.
Waiver Reason = [Program Office Reason]
- For internal tracking purposes.
5. Save & Close the Application Fee entity.
How is the application fee waiver displayed to the applicant?
Once the applicant has completed all required sections of the application, they will see the application fee waiver on the 'Pay and Submit' page.