Admission letters are used by our program offices to inform their applicants of their application decisions like admit, deny, admit-pending, admit with merit, etc.
To meet the dynamic nature of content in the admission letters, we leverage advanced find queries, AL-Texts, letter-generation, publish-decision in the LRM to make the whole process configurable and sustainable.
An AL-Text is an LRM content record that is associated with a program, admit type, and an advanced find query, it also has attributes including name, display order, etc. To create an AL-Text, you must first create its associated advanced find query using the LRM Admin account with criteria like program name, admit type, the name of the scholarship awarded, etc.
To test the AL generation process, you need to create an application with "wsbtest" as the applicant's last name, admit the application with merit in case of scholarships, populate scholarship field in the merit section of the application, click the "Create Decision Letter" to generate the decision letter and review the letter in the secure document to verify the content.
When clicked, the "Create Decision Letter" program will invoke the advanced-find queries to find the set of applications that meet the query certain criteria, then it will look the whole AL-Text entity to gather the associated AL-Texts to generate admission letters for those applications.
To Create an Advanced Find Query
- Login to LRM as the LRM Admin and select the funnel icon on the top right corner.
- In the "Look For" field, select application and add more criteria to the query
- Click on the "Results" red exclamation mark to run the query, which should produce a set of application that meet the query criteria
- Save the query and record its name for the AL-Text generation in the next step
- Log out of LRM
To Create an AL-Text
- Navigate to the 'AL-Text' tab under the menu WSB Settings
- Click "+NEW" button in the top-left corner of the screen to create a new AL-Text record
- Fill the name of the AL-Text as required, then click on "ALTEXT Program" and select the program for which the AL-Text is intended
- Populate the "Display Process" and "Letter Type" fields based on whether the AL-Text is for according to the program office's specification
- Fill in the "Display Order" field with which the "letter-generation" program will render the AL-Text in the admission letter
- Fill in the "Selected User Query Name" with the recorded name of the Advanced find made using the LRM Admin account previously, and save. A background process (plugin) will run to populate the "SelectedUserQuery" field automatically
- Finally, add the AL-Text content in the "Text" field so that it can be rendered in the admission letter as specified.
Again, please test the AL generation process. You need to create an application with "wsbtest" as the applicant's last name, admit the application with merit in case of scholarships, populate scholarship field in the merit section of the application, click the "Create Decision Letter" to generate the decision letter and review the letter in the secure document to verify the content.