This article outlines the steps to take when an email has been sent and tracked to a contact who is not already in LRM.
When an email has been sent to a contact not already in the system, here are some simple steps to resolve the issues:
- Open the sent email from the "Sent Items" folder and select the email sent to the new contact.
- Select the email address the message was sent to at the bottom of the email in the Dynamics 365 pop-up menu.
- Select "Create as Contact."
- A new window with the created contact will open. Make sure all of the information looks correct, and then save and close.
To resolve this issue from the CRM side, follow these steps:
- From your "Sent Items" emails in Outlook, find the email sent to the contact not in the system.
- In the ribbon at the top of Outlook, find the "View in Dynamics 365" button. This will load a pop-up window with a view of the email record in LRM.
- Note the email address is red under the "To" field within LRM. This means the connector could not find a match for the email address within LRM. Click on this email address to have the resolution pop-up box appear.
- Select the option to "Resolve to a new record." Make sure Contact is selected in the dropdown, and then hit "Go."
- This will load a pop-up window to create the new contact. It is required to fill in first name, last name, and email. Fill in all relevant information for the contact record, and save and close.