The Sitecore Experience Editor supports our responsive website page layouts and makes in page editing easier for content authors. It is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.
The following video provides preview what it is like to use the Sitecore Experience Editor.
- Sitecore Experience Editor is A WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
- Uses modular components that can be used in various ways
- Used on for responsive website pages
- Supports the Wisconsin School of Business' distributed authorship
- Makes things easier for Sitecore users
- To find a page navigate to the page in content tree
- Open the experience: Publish > Experience Editor
- Lock or unlock a page: Home Tab > Lock or Unlock
- Several photo sizes support images on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Make changes in the page and click "Save"
- Preview changes before going live: WSOB > Preview Page
- Publish changes by clicking on "Publish" in the blue ribbon
- Insert new items: Click on Item > Insert Item
- Rows can have different columns and components go inside the columns
- Add components using the "Add Component" functionality and selecting a component
- Three types of editors:
- Content Authors: Make basic page edits
- Designers: Create new pages and make layout changes
- Marketers: Create personas, schedule content, and use personalization