Below are links to the most common knowledge base articles related to these topics: intranet, brand toolkit, website style guide, Sitecore, Sitecore Email Builder, iContact and more. These articles are used most often during training and they are a great quick reference if you need help understanding how to do a specific task. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the knowledge base articles using the search field and drop down list above. The Academic Technology and Web team also features many other resources in the University Knowledgebase. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a web team service request through the WSB Support Portal. Learn more about the Web Team Support System.
Units throughout the school use the intranet to share announcements and celebrations. You can enabled immediate alerts and manage subscription preference to one of two weekly digests.
The brand toolkit provides an overview of the Wisconsin School of Business' brand positioning, brand assests (logos, videos, photography), design guidelines, editorial guidelines, branded templates, materials, and brand manuals.
- Brand Toolkit
- Logo Guidelines and Downloads
- Design Guidelines
- Editorial Guidelines
- Brand Guides
- General Templates
- Event Templates
- Order Branded Materials
- Photography Assets
- Video Assets
Website Style Guides and Standards
The Wisconsin School of Business website is a critical communication channel and one of the primary ways we communicate our brand to the world. As such, it is it important to follow brand guidelines when developing content and designing the web user experience.
- Digital Style Guide
- Web Editorial Style Guide (Coming Soon)
Sitecore Website Content Management
Sitecore is the content management system (CMS) that is currently used by the Wisconsin School of business to mange the content on wsb.wisc.edu and bus.wisc.edu. Authorized users can currently manage website pages on bus.wisc.edu and request Sitecore training from the web team.
- Sitecore Editing Guides and Tutorials
- bus.wisc.edu Login Page (Campus IP required)
- Login: How-to Login to Sitecore
- Non-Responsive Website Page Editing Guides
- Sitecore Basics: ConteSitecore Basics: Content Authorsnt Authors
- Advanced Editing Options: Content Designers
- Event Website Page Recommendations
- Program and Department Specific Resources
Faculty and Staff Directory
The faculty and staff directory is currently managed in two places. Please request assistance from human resources when you need updates made to the directory. Individual biography pages are managed in digital measures and can be updated directly by the faculty or staff member.
Student Profiles and Advisory Board Management
Email Marketing and General Best Practices
If someone is involved in sending marketing emails, email newsletters, or other email messages to groups of people using LRM, iContact, or other email tools (except for Wisclists or groups of your personal contacts in Outlook), a general understanding of mass email marketing best practices, laws, and processes is essential.
- Email Best Practices - Help Your Emails Succeed
- Email Marketing: Bulk Email Communications
- Email Marketing: Calls to Action, Links and Hyperlink Text, Call Outs and Buttons
- Email Marketing: Emails to Alumni
Sitecore Email Builder
The Sitecore email builder allows individuals with no coding experience to build responsive emails. Utilizing modular components an individual can create brand approved .html files that can be used in email marketing providers like iContact and LRM/Click Demensions. Authorized users can currently manage website pages on bus.wisc.edu and request Sitecore training from the web team.
- Training: Sitecore Email Builder
- bus.wisc.edu Login Page
- Email Builder: Modular Components Best Practices
- Email Builder: How-to Organize Multiple Emails
- Email Builder: Publishing Media Library Items
- Email Builder: How to Link to a PDF or Other File
The web team offers units throughout the Wisconsin School of Business the ability to send mass emails through iContact. This service is free and iContact support is provided by the web team. iContact is currently offered in addition to the LRM/Click Dimensions offered by ITS. iContact should be used when LRM/Click Demensions is not available or the target audience is not suited for a send from LRM.
- Image Editing Quick Guide
- Photography Requirements and Resources
- General Icon Library (shared with users upon request)
- Powerpoint Template: Make a Full Width Image 580px Wide
- PIXLR Web Editor
- Resizing the canvas, images, layers, and rotating objects in Pixlr Editor
- The basics of working with layers in Pixlr Editor
- Pixlr Editor Support
The web team currently uses LastPass to share access to resources such as iContact. Please set up a LastPass.com account, and download and install the LastPass plugin for your browser, and prior to requesting access to iContact.
In select instances the Wisconsin School of Business utilizes the WiscWeb WordPress service. Our primary website and hosting services are through Sitecore. The content creation for our blogs and select micro-sites are hosted on WordPress. Reach out to the web team for more information we can help facilitate a request and determine if WordPress is the best option for your specific need.
- WiscWeb WordPress Service
- WiscWeb WordPress Training
- WiscWeb WordPress Login
- Blogs: How-to Guide and Advanced Features
- Teaching and Learning Toolkit
Internal spaces including research seminars and knoweldge base articles are hosted in Conlfuence. Confluences spaces are provided by the Information Technology Solutions shared service team. The web team offers specific training in how to use confluence to share information about research seminars..
The web team offers training courses in Sitecore, website content management, the email builder and responsive emails, image re-sizing and accessibility standards, file naming standards, PDF accessibility, and iContact and email marketing basics.
Online Courses (Coming Soon)
- Sitecore Basics
- Website Content Management
- Responsive Website Design
- Email Builder and Responsive Emails
- Image Re-sizing and Accessibility Standards
- File Naming Standards and Organizing Your File Libraries
- PDF Accessibility
- iContact and Email Marketing Basics
Small Group Training Sessions
The web team schedules monthly small and large group training sessions. Please see the Web Team Training Schedule and ask to join an upcoming training session.
Sitecore Basics (60 minutes)
Website Content Management (60 minutes)
- WordPress Blogs (60 minutes)
- Research Seminars in Confluence (45 minutes)
Email Builder and Responsive Emails (90 minutes)
- Email Conversion Goals and Success Measurements (60 minutes)
- iContact and Email Marketing Basics (45 minutes)
Image Re-sizing and Accessibility Standards (30 minutes)
File Naming Standards and Organizing Your File Libraries (30 minutes)
PDF Accessibility (20 minutes)
LastPass (20 minutes)
- Website Editorial Styles (Coming Soon)
- Digital Style Guide (60 minutes)
- SEO Basics (60 minutes)
Campus Training Resources
In addition to the the training course offered by the web team, Campus provides may products and services that are beneficial and can deepen your understanding of many tools an resources. For example the free Lynda.com services through campus can teach you more about image re-sizing, Google analytics, and more.