- Listen to the podcast audio and ensure it meets our Video Creation, Editing Guides and Best Practices
- Create a podcast slide image using the PowerPoint template provided and update copy as needed. Export as a jpeg in a 16x9 format.
- Ensure it is 1280 x 720 pixels .jpg.
- Using Camtasia (download Camtasia from Campus Software Library) create an MP4 video using the audio and the thumbnail as the background.
- Open Camtasia and click “File” in the top menu and then “New Project”.
- For 2020 versions: Click on the Canvas Options dropdown menu in the top middle of the screen and select Project Settings. Click on Canvas Dimensions dropdown menu and select 720p HD (1280x720).
- Drag and drop the audio file into Track 1 section at bottom. Ensure the audio is placed flush left and starts at 0.00.00.00.
- Drag and drop the slide image jpeg into Track 2 section at bottom. Ensure the image is placed flush left and starts at 0.00.00.00.
- Determine where audio stops by clicking and dragging right edge of audio slider box to the left. (You can preview the sound by hitting the play button in the middle.)
- If an audio fade out is desired, click “Audio Effects” in the left sidebar. Click “Fade out” and drag and drop into the audio file in Track 1. You will see a dot at the end of the audio sliderbox. Click and drag the dot to the left to induce the fade. You will see the audio scale begin to shrink as you drag to the left. Careful to only drag horizontally and not up or down. (Keep at 100%)
- Drag the right edge of the image slider box to the right to match the length of the audio slider box.
- You can edit the video to remove sections from the audio by moving the slider to the beginning of the section and then move the red slider to the end. Then you right click the highlighted section and select cut.
- You can preview the video by hitting the play button in the middle. Listen to it at least once to make sure there are no issues.
- Once you are satisfied with the video, export it as an MP4
- Click "Share"(2019 version) or "Export"(2020 version) from the top menu bar and select "Local File"
- Select "Custom production settings" from the dropdown and click "Next"
- Select MP4 as the file format
- Size > Video Size 1280 x 720
- (Checked) Keep Aspect Ratio
- Upload the video to Youtube.com using Lastpass and the firstname.lastname@example.org account
- Use YouTube as the Wisconsin School of Business at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Upload the MP4 Video File to YouTube
- Add the provided “Title” and “Description”
- Add the custom Video thumbnail
- Select “No, It’s not made for kids”
- Click “Next” and “Next Again
- Under Visibility > Publish Now set the video to be “Unlisted”
- Click “Done”
- Use the share link to add a link to the video to the website
Captions: For accessibility purposes, we should include captions in videos. Youtube automatically generates captions, but these are imperfect and must be reviewed and edited. Youtube may take some time to generate them(wait a few hours, usually no more than a day, after uploading the video). Once they are generated, make note of any edits you need to make, and do the following:
- Login into the WSB Youtube account (see above)
- Click on your account icon in the upper right corner and select YouTube Studio.
- Find the video in the Video section you want to edit and click on the video
- Then select "Subtitles" from the left sidebar
- Select the Duplicate and Edit
- From here you will be able to make any changes to the captioning, click Publish when you're done and it will publish!