- Create a plan for tagging or categorizing your blog posts.
- Create a standardized list of tags to use across your blog; this list should not change often.
- Tags/categories should be specific to a few blog posts
- Examples of appropriate tags: Alumni, Student, Diversity, Applied Learning, Research, Careers and Internships, Newsletter, 2020 Newsletter, Spotlight
- Tags/categories should apply to a specific topic or audience
- Tags/categories should be title case (all important words capitalized)
- Limit the number of tags used in each blog post
- Don’t use generic tags, such as WSB or UW (If the tag could apply to most or all posts in your blog, it is not specific enough.)
- Don’t use a tag that only applies to one blog post (the tag is too specific)
- Don’t use people’s names in tags
- Do not use the following tags: Wisconsin School of Business, Wisconsin MBA, Full-Time MBA, UWMadison, University of Wisconsin, MBA, UW, Madison
- Do not use hashtags as tags