All images that are uploaded to the website should be re-sized and optimized for the best performance.
- Take photos you are re-sizing and run them through tinypng.com compression tool. Review and learn the how much images of various sizes can be compressed.
- You do not have to use the tinypng.com compression tool, but I recommend it. The web team purchased the tinypng.com plugin for Adobe photo shop and we use it to resize our photos.
- You can compress images using other tools and programs. The end goal would be though that your images are compressed and the overall file size is similar to or better than tinypng.com.
- After a while, you will know the average compress size various photo crops, and will be able to use your preferred method for optimizing images.
- Periodically check images to see if things could be improved.